Sunday, April 12, 2015

March 2015

What a great month!  Lot’s of firsts.  And lots of big news.  Hard to know where to start, so for once I’ll start with Scott!  Scott got promoted to Principal at BCG this month!  We are so proud of him.  People leave BCG for all kinds of reasons, but the few that have stuck around since starting as consultants, have become our fairly close friends.  Last step until partner!  We won’t focus on how long that last step is (4-6 years). :-)IMG_3067

And Taylor had an exciting month.  First she turned 6!  She invited her 7 closest friends (Carolyn, Natalia, Annie, Addison, Sami, Lily, and Annabelle), and we all went to Hibachi.  I was worried it was going to be really expensive, but it was only $7 per child.  They got to eat, make a mess, and be entertained—probably our cheapest party yet!  Then we all headed back to our house for cake (Frozen themed of course), and presents.  IMG_7471

IMG_7474

IMG_7478

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_7480

IMG_7493

IMG_7500

IMG_7505

IMG_3060Next she was accepted into the gifted program at school.  For 1 hour every morning she leaves her classroom and meets with the 3 other kindergartners that have been identified as gifted.  She doesn’t know why she leaves her classroom every day and hasn’t asked, she just thinks its fun to go “read with other kids who are really good at reading.”  It was interesting to me how relaxed/uninvolved I was in the whole process.  I would have been surprised if she didn’t get in, but not upset.

IMG_3040Lastly, I am coaching Taylor’s softball team.  We are called the Blue Angels and haven’t won a game yet, but we sure are trying!  The girls get 3 chances to hit the coach’s pitch, if no luck, then they hit off the tee.  Five of our six players (yes we only have 6) are first-time players, so we have had some work to do.  I have really enjoyed it though, and Taylor is loving it too. (Check out my cute first base coach, telling his sister in the white helmet to hurry to second)!

IMG_7638Grant just makes us laugh all the time.  When he is telling us something his eyes get so big and his voice so deep and serious, it’s hard not to laugh!  But he gets mad if we even crack a smile so we try to nod in agreement.  I got to be mystery reader this month which is always fun and sweet.

IMG_7534

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_7627

IMG_7391

Both these guys are getting so big!

IMG_7438

And big P—7 months now!  I ran out of milk, so I am no longer nursing him.  I never loved nursing, but it’s weird how I feel slightly sad aIMG_7404bout  it??  Probably because he is our last.  He actually had a big month in his own right—surgery for this guy.  He had mild hypospadias, that needed to be corrected at 6 months according to the urologist.  All went well and in Dave Ordner’s words “Now he has a straight shooter!”

IMG_7408

 

 

 

 

 

Grammy of course was here to help!

IMG_7418

IMG_7421

IMG_7395

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_7435

He is no where close to crawling, probably due to the fact we never put him on his stomach.  He goes from his jumper to his exer-saucer to his carseat to his crib.  He also only likes rice cereal, hummus, avocado, and any kind of meat grinded up in the magic bullet—hates all veggies, fruits, and yogurts??IMG_7452

Taylor wanted him to pose with one of her favorite books.  And here he is with Katie, our morning sitter.IMG_7511

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_7450

IMG_7529

Jackson has started another season, 3rd year with the same head coach.  Jackson truly loves this sport.  He does a great job getting on base, but he is really in a grounders slump—dipping the back shoulder and coming over the top of the ball like a tennis forehand.  So he is working hard to correct that, but the grounders don’t seem to bother him so we are thankful for that—can be such a perfectionist that guy!

Other than baseball, he finished reading the Book of Mormon this month.  He brought it to school and read it every day during independent reading. 

All that BOM reading inspired his choice for ‘dress up like your favorite book character day.’  He chose Alma.  Unfortunately people kept thinking he said Elmo, and he was VERY frustrated about that when he got home.  Taylor, fittingly chose the goddess Venus. :-)IMG_7400

And I’m trying to think what’s going on with me.  Every month I think I should keep a running list, but never do.  My church calling and coaching Taylor’s softball team take up every last minute of my free time.  Oh, we did go to the Fox with some friends to see the comedian Brian RegIMG_7741an.  A few of our friends vowed he was hysterical and clean.  So we organized a group and bought tickets.  Then we watched one of his YouTube clips for about 30 minutes one night before the show and didn’t laugh once!  We thought, ‘well there went 100 bucks.”  But the guy was absolutely hilarious.  My jaw seriously hurt from laughing so much—lesson learned—comedians are MUCH funnier live.

Much love, hang in there,

TFK

1 comment:

Lindy Salmon said...

Wow! Principal at BCG! That's huge! Congrats. If Jackson lived here, people would totally get the Alma costume :) There would be no Elmo mistakes! Miss you guys.