Monday, March 9, 2015

February 2015

Dear friends and family,

Not sure if you caught the stomach bug that seems to be going around the nation, but we sure did!  Oh my gosh, it feels like someone has been sick since the new year!  I guess with 6 people the odds are gooIMG_7363d, or bad in this case.  Jackson and Taylor each missed at least one day of school a week; but Grant, even though he has been just as sick hasn’t missed a day of preschool—funny how that happens when you’re paying for it!

It was the saddest to see sweet little Pierce get the stomach bug.  Through all the heaving he was still smiling.  The silver lining of sickness are 2 fold:  1. the kids are super snuggly and 2.  they sleep a ton

Taylor had a fun month.  One of her absolute favorite people, Aunt Laura (my mom’s twin) came to visit.  Laura always brings Taylor gifts, which is a good thing because according to Tay “Presents are my love language.”  The 4 of us (me, mom, Laura, Taylor) also snuck away to do ‘high tea’ one afternoon at St. Regis.  IMG_7337

IMG_7298

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_7318

 

 

 

 

 

Jackson finished up basketball.  Their team, the Ducks, made it all the way through the playoffs and into the final game.  They came up short, but it was a really good game—tears all around of course.  Now baseball is in full swing :-) with first games on Saturday.  We are excited to get back out to the the ball field, embracing the spring weather and camaraderie that comes with it!IMG_3018

IMG_7350

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_7382

IMG_7348

IMG_7334

 

 

 

 

 

Grant is just cruising along.  Seems to be getting a little easier—not bugging his siblings so much!  Still a terribly picky eater.  IMG_7311

IMG_7379Scott is still working on his new case up in Virginia and North Carolina.  Recently he has graduated from 2, to 3 simultaneous computer screens.IMG_3027

IMG_7343

Valentines Day was fun!  We went for Indian food and home to watch a unbelievably terrible/dark/intense/mesmerizing/unforgettable movie.  It was called Prisoners, it is rated R, but we have one of those DVD players (clear play), that takes out all the trash (violence, language, etc…)  It was about a child abduction and we should have turned it off but didn’t—lesson learned! 

Well I think my math teacher idea might have been short lived.  My dad had a good idea that I should just drive over to Children’s Hospital and talk to someone in HR.  I could teach there!  I already have a masters, and the thought of getting another one (especially with 4 kids) seems overwhelming.  But I did love studying for the GRE this month, felt like my mind was getting strong again!IMG_7383

This month I also agreed to be be head coach of Taylor’s softball team.  So far I am really enjoying it, first game is tomorrow—Go Blue Angels!

We also made it to the temple with 2 of our closest friends, Jeff and Jess, from Utah (who now live in Chattanooga).  Cuby (Jeff) and Scott served in the DR together, and the 4 of us have been tight ever since.IMG_7355

This past month, Scott and I heard a great podcast where someone said “You are the average of your 5 closest friends.”   It’s a good reminder for us (and our kids) to actively try to surround ourselves with those who inspire and support us. 

We feel very blessed to have been inspired by so many of you over the years.  Thank you for your love and support.

TFK

No comments: