For those of you not in Georgia, it is beautiful here! I love the fall! The weather in September was absolutely perfect—which made soccer games, flag football games, apple picking and pumpkin picking delightful!
Taylor’s team stayed together from last year. Last spring (when I coached) we had a ‘defeated’ season, this season with another coach they are having an ‘undeafeated’ season. Don’t know what that says? :-)
Taylor is doing well. Scores at least 1 goal a game, which keeps her happy.
Jackson’s team is young and hasn’t won a game yet. In fact they have only scored 1 goal the entire season! Jackson, therefore has determined he likes football more that soccer. He is quarterback this year and has made some pretty long completions to his buddy Brock in the games.
Grant’s highlight of the month was starting ‘school’ (2 mornings a week) He goes to the same darling preschool that Jackson and Tay attended. He has 3 sweet teachers for 11 kids! Apparently he frequently has to ‘have a little break’ because he pulls the other kids hair. Hey the 3rd kid has to be tough! He got to wear his favorite shirt the first day—his ‘voot ball’ shirt.
Another highlight for all the kids was visiting the pumpkin patch. We went with Hamilton’s family so Jackson was extra thrilled. Grant must of said “PUM—KEEN!!!” five million times :-).
(there were signs everywhere about not eating the apples until you leave—whoops)
Check out Jackosn’s biggest trophy yet! It was funny we told Jackson, “Just have fun at this tournament, you are a little rusty because you haven’t had much time to practice since school has started, etc…” Then he goes undefeated and remarks, “I should take breaks from chess more often!”
Scott’s project has thankfully slowed down, not killer anymore. Still in Dallas, but much more manageable. He has even resumed his nightly chess game with Jackson via ipads.
Grant is in a huge daddy’s phase so Scott is enjoying that :-). And he is enjoying planning our trip to Hawaii scheduled for early November!!
Things with me are great. I have recently been tempted to return to work. Northside hospital has been emailing and writing, and most recently Marist has a part time academic advisor opening (we have an inside source :-). Both sound interesting and it would be fun to receive acknowledgement/payment from the world again. However, when I get to the end of each day, I think, how would I ever have done all of that if I was gone at work! The answer is, I wouldn’t, something would have to give. And the truth is, I am greatly blessed to be able to stay home with the children, and be there at those transitional moments. I am thankful Scott and the church honor motherhood so highly. Young children in the home is a short season, and I want to soak it up! The world will have to wait!
I did get away for one night to Columbia SC with some girls from church on sort of a spiritual retreat “Time out for women.” We heard from some inspirational speakers and became closer as friends. Two quotes that stuck with me and that I keep coming back to are:
“If you don’t love someone enough, you probably haven’t served them enough”
and
“We are yes people. We said yes in the premortal existence, we said yes to baptism, we say yes to callings, we say yes when asked if we are worthy to enter the temple. We are going to make it!!
I liked that because, although we are not perfect, the Lord knows we’re trying and He is proud of us!
Much love,
TFK
No comments:
Post a Comment