Friday, September 2, 2011

August 2011

IMG_0291

Hello to dear friends and family!  Summer seems to be coming to an end.  Can’t say I’m too disappointed—it’s been HOT here! 

The most important news of the month (even if not the most exciting) is that Scott and I celebrated our 6th year anniversary!  Instead of Hawaii, we opted to drop the kids off and hit White Water for the day.  It felt like when we were dating in high school and we would RUN from slide to slide (of course we were the first ones there).  We cut in line, we were inappropriate on the slides, and basically pretended we were teenagers.  The only difference was that I’m 5 months pregnant.  People were looking at us like we were crazy… It was a blast.  And being married for almost exactly 6 years, means that I was baptized almost exactly 7 years ago.  These were hands down the two best decisions I have ever made (and probably ever will make).

The most exciting nIMG_0305ews is that we got to visit Scott’s parents in IMG_0240NYC!  We spent a full week there, and Grandma Becky and Grandpa John were fabulous hosts.

IMG_1241 It really was a great trip, and a LUCKY trip. IMG_0278 Much to Jackson’s delight we caught a foul ball at the Mets game, my sister-in-law Celeste was called up on stage during a Cirque du Soleil performance, and Jackson was called up on stage during the “Gazillion Bubbles” show. IMG_0252 We walked across the Brooklyn Bridge and got pizza at Grimaldi’s.  We went to FAO Schwartz (kids loved the amazing candy section), Natural History Museum (Jackson got to put a dinosaur fossil together), the Children’s museum (Taylor was thrilled with the Dora exhibit), China Town, a cute puppet show in Central park, Central Park Zoo, Empire State building, and John’s office at his law firm. IMG_1244 Not to mention, thanks to Becky, we ate delicious healthy and organic food the entire time.  IMG_1221IMG_1257

 

Two bonuses included 1) Alex and Celeste were visiting at the same time, and the kids absolutely fell in love with them. and 2)  Brandon and Marie Howick had their first baby (who is gorgeous), and we got to meet her!  I remember Brandon coming to the hospital to visit Jackson when he was born…IMG_1261      Below:  Making friends on the subway

IMG_1231

3-D Dora show=Taylor’s heaven

IMG_1242

Jackson kept snagging Scott’s audio tour on top of the Empire State Building.  :)

Thank you John and Becky for a truly unforgettable trip.

 

 

IMG_1250

And a quick synopsis of the gang.  Scott is still working with his Atlanta client.  They had a ‘team building’ activity (that spouses were invited to) at the Andretti Raceways recently.  Consultants are competitive!  Baby 3 and I stayed out of the danger zone and took pictures.  Scotty also just got back from Dallas where he spent 3 days in a ‘stress management training’ a.k.a.  yoga, breathing exercises, touring the Cowboy stadium and rejuvenating at the Four Seasons.  Really?  I’m thinking about submitting my resume to BCG!

IMG_1269I’m so proud of Taylor.  She has given up her blankie (except during naps and bedtime).  As soon as I pick her up from her crib, she bravely says “I throw my blankie down” and she does!  She throws it back in her crib.  The first days were not nearly as smooth, but we stuck with it.  We also attempted potty training, but only had 2 uninterrupted days, which turned out to not be long enough.  So I have hung that up until Thanksgiving.

Multi tasking:  potty training and cooking!

 

Jackson is surprising us lately with his addiction to chess.  OIMG_1213ne day when Taylor was napping, he saw a chess board that Scott had brought over from his parents house and asked “What’s that game.”  I told him chess.  He asked if I would teach him how to play and I said sure.  Since then, he has become slightly obsessed.  He plays it continually: in NY, with babysitters, with anyone who will play with him.  I finally bought him a computer program that teaches chess, plus will play against you, and I have to constantly limit it.  He also attended a chef's camp this month where he produced delicacies such as:  cookie flip flops, hot dog rockets, turtle pizza, and beach balls (popcorn surrounded by fruit rollups and licorice).

And I am doing well, just staying busy with soccer, preschool, church, and making this bebino.  I find out the gender on Sept 13—shoot me a text/email and I’ll let you know—but don’t let it slip to Scott (he wants to be surprised at birth!).  I feel grateful for all of you.  Please continue to pray with us for sweet Madi. 

With much love,

TFK

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Your kitchen looks beautiful! I'm excited to hear what you're having so you can text me when you find out. You guys are so busy it boggles my mind!