Friday, August 27, 2010

September



Welcome back! And due to much positive feedback, the Blog is here to stay! The most exciting things that happened this month were:

1. Visit from Alyssa (a.k.a. Pearl)
2. No training wheels!
3. Disneyland annual Passes
4. Visit from Grandma Becky













It was a blast having Pearl in town, and Jackson especially loved his new 'roommate.' We all made it to a Padres game, to the beach to surf, and as you can see Disneyland! Alyssa even managed to make it through 3 hours of church! She was a big help and once she left she sent us the entire 1st season of our favorite show (Modern Family). So needless to say, she is welcome to visit ANY time!



And those of you who have been to Disneyland know it is really quite magical. Scott and I couldn't even sleep the night before! We all loved it so much, that we converted our day passes into annual passes--the cheapest kind, where every Saturday is blacked out and essntially all of the summer.




Well I've been inspired by my close friend Natalie to address my kids directly in my blog. So here it goes!


Jackson, what a milestone month you had! First you learned how to ride your bike without training wheels. You'd quite seriously state "I have to learn while I'm three." Then as you would ride down the street you would cry "Ladies and Gentlemen--NO TRAINING WHEELS" After falling you would quote a favorite Disney character, Special Agent Oso, "It's all part of the plan...more or less."


Next you have really taken off with your reading. In addition to simple 3 letter words, you have learned how to incorporate the 'magical e' and the 'silly y.' (thanks again Natalie). You get the biggest kick out of words like "poop, toot, and boot." After every word I write on the magnadoodle, you'll emphatically state "That was TOOOO EASY, I want a challenge!!" (even after you completely struggle through a word, and I end up basically telling it to you :).



What has surprised me about you this month is your courage. You have typically been fairly, ok really, cautious in every situation; however, at Disneyland this last month you have wanted to go on all of the fastest, scariest rides. You are just under 40 inches (the height requirement for all the 'cool' rides), so Daddy stuffs napkins under your heels to give you that extra 'boost.' None of the rides--Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, seem to phase you--until the last one 'Tower of Terror.' I didn't think you should go on the ride, but you and Daddy insisted, so I agreed and stayed back with Taylor. You got on the ride and the elevator proceeded to jerk you up and drop you down--until it abruptly stopped after completing 1/3 of the ride. They announced there were technical difficulties and that everyone would have to get off. You came running to me and said "That ride was too scary, so I prayed it would stop." I'm glad you are learning the power of prayer!

Lastly, a couple of times this month we have been alone, cleaning up your closet, in an elevator, and you have turned to me and said "I love you, mom." It brings tears to my eyes. I love you too.












































HOLLYWOOD!






Tay Tay, even though you are only 18 months, you must think you are 2--as NO!, really NO MAM! is what we mainly hear these days :)...Actually you are talking up a storm, never letting a lack of vocabulary slow you down. I brought you to the doctors office this last week for your 18 month checkup. You were 1 lb heavier and 1 cm shorter than Jackson at this age. The doctor got the biggest kick when he said "When I'm done you can pick out a toy from the treasure chest," and you pumped your chunky little arm up in the air and screamed "ALRIGHT!" (more like aww-right!)

Now that Jackson has started preschool, I have really cherished our time lingering/reading the children's books at Barnes and Nobles. You are such a good snuggler and love to be held. This is the first month you have refused baby food, so getting your vegetables in, has been a little challenging. You have also started Nursery at church this month--although you haven't ventured too far from the arms of nursery leader--your favorite part is clearly the parachute/singing time.




























MUSCLE BEACH (Venice Beach)





Scotty is rocking along. Work has started to slow down, so I think he is starting to get a little restless. He has a few things brewing, so we'll keep you posted. We have been really good this past month about getting out once a week on a date night to go surfing. It's a cheap date, so Scott loves it!


And aside from having to call 911 when 5 of my 6 preschoolers ran away from me, all is well on my side. It is actually Jackson's birthday today, so I am going to try and pull of a party with 70 people! More on that next month.



Here Jackson is holding his Derek Jeter Yankees Jersey he got from Grandma Becky. He wears if every day - literally.





And Grandma Becky is always a crowd pleaser. She was very helpful with the kids and even managed to give 2 powerful presentations on Rising Star while she was here.
So a success on all fronts!


We love you all and hope you enjoyed the latest post!



TFK


p.s. check out the video!






3 comments:

Dianna said...

LOVE IT!!
Jack's story about stopping the ride thru the power of prayer is TOO FUNNY! (I wonder if Scott wasn't adding his own prayers that the terror would stop:)
And Taylor is killing me with those pigtails. SO CUTE! Y'all look great! Can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!!

Stacie Aho said...

Thanks for sharing! Your kids are darling, and really so smart! I'm jealous you have a D-land pass! So fun. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. Look at how persuasive I am ... your kids are uber-smart and I don't understand why other parents aren't as cool as you two are.