Ta Da! Well bear with me as I am learning how to BLOG! It isn't much, but we figured we give your inboxes a break by no longer stuffing them with our 10mb TFKs. Let us know what you think of the
new format. We are definitely not sold on it; but you're the readers, so let us know what you think--2 thumbs up? Total flop? We'd love to hear it.
Moving past electronic formats and blagospheres, onto the news for the month (Sorry about the order of the pictures, they upload in reverse order?).
Directly after my parents left, Scott's cousin, Brittny, and her husband Zane arrived. We really had a great time. And as all of our visitors know, they got the full visitor experience of sharing a room and a bathroom with Jack and having to pay for room and board with baseball pitches--Zane must've played 24 innings of baseball with Jack. And since it's been the coldest August since the 1930's, we got to go to the beach and freeze. We had planned to go snorkeling in La Jolla Cove as
every year the le
opard sharks, which don't attack humans, come down and there are tons of them. Because it was so cold however, we didn't make it in; and it's probably a good thing because there were 2 great white sightings in La Jolla that same day.
After the beach, Scotty got 4 tickets to a Chargers game from his work so we got to see a preseason game against the Bears--good thing; as they were $295 a piece...for a preseason game; Chargers fans have got too much money apparently. Besides the game, they got to enjoy the typical Douglas Saturday--Old Towne and Swirls. It was fun having them out. Come back soon!
every year the le
After the beach, Scotty got 4 tickets to a Chargers game from his work so we got to see a preseason game against the Bears--good thing; as they were $295 a piece...for a preseason game; Chargers fans have got too much money apparently. Besides the game, they got to enjoy the typical Douglas Saturday--Old Towne and Swirls. It was fun having them out. Come back soon!
After Brittny and Zane left, one of my favorite Chi-O pledge sisters, Meg Nemeth came into town. It was way too short, but I'll take what I can get! Our final visitors were the Gordon Family. At the last minute, and I mean last minute, they decided that they would be attending Law School here in San Diego. So in RECORD SPEED, Aaron and Melanie packed up their house in Utah, found a house to rent here, and moved in. We are stoked to have the Gordons close by again!
Since there is a picture of me right here, I guess I'll start with my news. Here I am with my Primary class--love these kids. The lesson was on letting your light shine for Christ. Other than that, just working 2 shifts a week, doing boot camp with the girls at church (miss you Stacie!), and trying to help when I can with Dianna's wedding planning (yay!), and our upcoming 10 year high school reunion. Alot to look forward too!
And Jackosn received his first, actually first 2 trophies this month--one for soccer and one for tee-ball. He has reported; however, that he is done with soccer because he "wants to focus on baseball."
I don't think anyone understands the level of obsession this kid has with baseball. It's unbelievable. He really has lost or has minimal interest in anything else. I am grateful for 2 things: 1)Matt Christopher who writes simple chapter books about boys playing baseball and 2) Wii sports--I finally wore Scott down enough to go and get a Wii. I found it on Craigslist for $100. And given Jack's insatiable demand for more and more baseball, it really comes in handy. He puts the controller on and if you don't keep a close eye on him, he'll sneak in 3 extra games after you tell him "just one more."
And little Taybe is doing great. Here she is drinking her favorite drink--'Green Drink.' Simply put fresh spinach leaves, pineapple juice, and ice in the vita-mix and voila--Green Drink.
And Scott is doing great. He has really caught the surfing bug and went 4 times last week! His bonus and raise and work was somewhat disappointing, when you consider how much money he made the company. But he is scheduled to talk to the vice president about it on Friday, so
we'll see what happens.
So if you blog send me the link, because if I can figure it out, I'll put the link on my blog and be able to keep up with you!
Lots of Love from us to you...TFK
P.S. Check out the videos at the end
8 comments:
So fun! Thanks for sharing that with me. :) Way to go on setting up your blog! I love that Scott went and got a pedicure with you! That's awesome. Miss you guys!
Yay! It worked! Thanks again for the awesome time. Zane and I will remember it always. I just invited you to my blog so hopefully that works.
I love your blog! I'm intrigued by Tay's Green Drink. I may have to give it a try. Miss you guys!
http://theyoungandrestless.blogspot.com
Fun to see pics of you guys. We want to come to CA and surf with you guys again!
Those kids are TOO MUCH!!! Scott is either teaching yoga or surfing..
good job setting up your blog! taylor is too cute , and I love Jackson's baseball obsession. .
Hey, Scott and Caroline--Aunt Diana here. You 2 kids are so cute together (Scott, you're looking just like your dad now that you've gotten older!). And your kids are adorable. keep up the good work; and thanks for hosting Brittny and Zane. It was a great trip, thanks to you guys. Way to be so macho, Scott--you make me feel like a wimp! Love, Diana and Mark P.S. Tell Dianna CONTRATS on the upcoming wedding. (We knew she could do it!) :) We love and miss her!
Oops--I mean CONGRATS, not contrats.
Post a Comment