Thursday, July 10, 2014

June 2014

Happy 32nd birthday (and 32 weeks pregnant in this pic) to me!  For my birthday we took 5 other couples from church to the lake—child free!  Hard to believe that between us all we left 21 kids at home!  Thanks mom and dad for taking our kiddos this weekend…IMG_3756

It was everything it should have been—relaxing, fun, delicious food, and great conversation.  The one thing I really like about this group is that everyone is really funny. I often find myself tearing up because I am laughing so hard!IMG_3786

IMG_3748

IMG_5603

I also got to celebrate my birthday with my 2 closest friends from high school.  Lindsay was in town (and is also very pregnant—you just can’t tell—ugh :-).  We had fun catching up and enjoying a night on the town!

IMG_1366As a family, we’ve had a bunch of outings this month.  First was to the Renaissance Festival.  The kids had fun, but we felt like it was overpriced and HOT.  Something you want to do maybe every 5 years.IMG_1365

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_1372

IMG_5624

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another highlight was the BCG family weekend at the Ritz in Amelia Island - now I’m feeling spoiled!  It was pretty cute, Taylor loved to just wander through the hotel admiring all the chandeliers/ornate décor and declare “How ELEGANT” every 5 steps :-).IMG_1392

IMG_1384

IMG_1383

 

 

 

Then there were a few summer camps.  Vacation Bible School for the older kids; Cheerleading for Tay; and basketball for Jackson.IMG_5637

IMG_5639

IMG_5669

IMG_5663

And this is how every afternoon is, everyone quietly reading—ha right! 

Scotty is wrapping up the office supply case, and will start with a new case out of Nashville next week.  Aside from that, the kids, his Sunday School lessons and I are keeping him busy.  Steady as a rock that guy; we’re blessed to have him!IMG_5597

IMG_5651

IMG_1397

 

 

 

 

 

 

Grant is cracking us up lately because he wants to listen to his ‘favorite songs’ (Moves Like Jagger; What makes you beautiful; Call me maybe; Happy) aaallll the time.  He learned the songs from ‘Just Dance’ on the Wii up at the lake house, and he knows how to access these songs from everyone of our ipads, iphones, and computers. 

IMG_5596Taylor and Jackson are actually becoming very helpful just in the knick of time.  We finally got a chore/payment system set up that so far seems to be motivating and working.  It had to be simple, bc we have tried and failed multiple times before.  Having Jackson clear/wash/sweep underneath the table and Taylor do all the dishes after dinner every night has been truly life changing.  Now instead of coming downstairs to a destroyed kitchen after I put the kids to bed, I can actually have some time doing the things I’d like to be doing.  Game changer for sure.

Speaking of game changers, we just hired a IMG_5615part time nanny for when school starts back/the new baby arrives.  Her name is Ingrid and she plays tennis at Oglethorpe University.  I have not met her because she is at home for the summer, BUT she sounds normal on the phone and after creeping on her via facebook feel confident that she is a typical cute, energetic sorority girl.  I really hope she works out!

We just had an ultrasound of our little guy.  He is already 4.4 lbs with impressively chubby cheeks.  Right now ‘Pierce Charles’ is in the lead as far as names.  He is projected to be 8lbs—our biggest one yet.  I’m attributing this to the gestational diabetes, not the birthday crepes we are enjoying above ;-)

Much Love from the growing Douglas group!

TFK

No comments: