Tuesday, March 27, 2012

February-March 2012

Well the February 2012 TFK was the first one I haIMG_0269ve missed in years!  Now I have 2 months to report on…The most important news is that Jackson seems to be doing great.  He has regained his appetite, strength, and weight.  We actually just got the bill for his 5 day hospital stay and it was close to $32,000!!!!  At the bottom of the statement it read “Patient Responsibility $0.00,” thank you, thank you, thank you BCG.  What an incredible blessing great insurance is…and between this and Grant’s birth our medical expenses would have been through the roof.  Again, we appreciate all the support and prayers you all offered on his behalf.  Prayer is powerful and God is good!  Jackson has his follow up appointment tomorrow, so maybe 1 more prayer? :)…

After everything settled down, February turned into a fabulous month.  And Grant David has been the star of the show.  He is a great baby, so chill and go with the flow.  (I guess he kind of has to be).  He has brought such a sweetness into the home, and Jackson and Taylor have been very good with him.  Both shouting “HE IS SMILING AT ME!!!  HE LOVES ME SO MUCH!”                                  Check out the buzz we gave him!IMG_0217

IMG_1838

IMG_0236

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In other Feb news, Jackson started baseball.  In the first game he got a double play, earning him the game ball!  He was playing pitcher, the batter hit a pop fly—Jackson caught it and then threw it to first (getting the runner out who forgot to tag).  Every one went nuts!  The coach said it was the first double play in Murphy Chandler tee ball history (may not be true, but it’s good enough for us)!

IMG_0223And Taylor felt special because the church hosted a daddy daughter dance.  The girls were told to wear something that made them feel beautiful—Taylor is in a ballet phase and knew exactly what she wanted to wear—her leotard and tutu.

And Scotty has miraculously managed to disappear for 2 weeIMG_0536kends (I need to figure out his secret!).  First he went to Miami for Manoj’s wedding.  Apparently it was quite the ordeal with multiple feasts, ceremonies, and receptions.  And yes, that is Manoj riding a white horse (w/ nephew), an Indian tradition.  The 2nd weekend was a guys trip to the lake, where Scott took everyone’s money in poker :).  What’s that?  I should be nominated for wife of the year?  Agreed.IMG_0272

On March 15th, Little Miss turned 3!  I did not have it in me to throw a big bash, so we celebrated with family at home.  For some reason, she still had a ton of presents:  ballet slippers, another leotard/tutu, big girl bike, ballerina lunch box, 2 beautiful dresses.  IMG_0282IMG_0281IMG_0286

We also made and brought ballerina cupcakes to preschool so she could celebrate with her friends.  She LOVES the birthday crown she got to make!IMG_1879

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks to Pearl for letting me borrow her camera (and helping with the kids!)

DSCN8037

And not to be outdone by Dads n’ Doughnuts a few months ago, it was time for Moms n’ Muffins.  Jackson was excited to show off his classroom and really didn’t want to share me with any of the other moms.  He would lead me into a corner and have me sit down with him and he would say “Let’s visit.”  It was pretty cute.

DSCN8023

Zumba at preschool!  Can you spot our little Red Sox player?  Jackson always goes to school dressed in full uniform…

 

 

 

 

Taylor at Joy IMG_1845school.  One of the moms totally raised the teaching bar when she scheduled a police officer to come and give a presentation!  The running joke is that this probably won’t be Taylor’s last encounter with law enforcement :).

 

IMG_1858

IMG_0557

 

 

 

 

 

 

I know I am probably forgetting a lot of important events that happened over these last 2 months, but without a picture it’s hard to remember!  I do know that both John and Becky came for a quick visit to see/meet baby Grant.  Scott and I also got together with multiple sets of Vandy friends and their husbands, which was a blast!

Oh, one of my favorite things I got to do this month was go to the Viking Cooking School, an event for the BCG spouses (again, love this company…except for when they take Scott out of town and away from me)!IMG_1882 Check out the token male at the very end on the left.  We are learning how to make a 5 course ‘Greek Isles’ feast.  I was so excited I ran to the store, bought phyllo dough, and taught the kids how to make baklava!

So life is good, sleep deprived, but good.  Fortunately my mom comes once a week for a full dIMG_0270ay to help, plus we increased our house keeper to once a week (from once every other week), because I just couldn’t handle it.  Scott is on a hotel case so has spent time in Orlando, Dallas, DC, and NY shortly.  However, in between these destinations, he gets to work from home—which has been really nice.  On Valentines day, Scotty took me to Season’s 52 and Cold Stone.  We marveled at how fast life seems to be going, and couldn’t believe we have celebrated 10 Valentines Day’s together! 

Well I know there are a few more days in March, but I had to get this out, because we are headed to the BEACH!!!

Much Love,

TFK

3 comments:

Brittny said...

awesome post. loved it. how are your kids so gorgeous? lucky duck. you never want to be that person that has that weird-looking cross-eyed kid that you know everyone thinks, "OMG" when they meet them. HA!

Brittny said...

OK and I promise that all kids are beautiful. my last post was totally not meant to be a jab at ugly children. All children are cute in their own way. Great, now God will punish me with an ugly child one day.

Liesl Shurtliff said...

So glad things have calmed down. And what an adorable baby! But I would expect no less coming from you!