Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February, 2011

100_0037

Hello to all and welcome back!  By all Douglas standards, February was a pretty chill month—no career changes, city changes, or extensive road trips!

In Taylor news, she wants to do everything brother does.  Every morning she wakes up saying “See Jackson.”  As you can see, she even follows him into the bathroom and practices ‘reading’ flash cards with him.  She is also enjoying ‘face-time’ with Scott every day when he calls from work on the phone.  She’ll say “follow me Daddy!!” and I’ll have to follow her with the phone so Scott can see whatever random thing Taylor wants to show him.  It’s pretty cute, which partly makes up for the continual 2 year old tantrums!

100_0040

IMG_0853

Jackson is loving life.  He spends hours outside riding power wheels, and playing baseball, basketball, and his newest favorite—motocross; where the boys from the neighborhood set up bike ramps and jump them.  Here he is to the right with Brock who is 24 days older than Jackson.  This kid is tough as nails and has every toy imaginable.

100_0066100_0067

IMG_0232Jackson also had his first trip to the dentist where he charmed all the hygienists:  “He is such a trip, such a delight, so obedient, etc.…”  Needless to say with all the attention, and the video games, toys, goody bag, bumble gum flavor everything, and ‘no cavity’ report, he can’t wait to go back!100_0060

And Scott got put on his first project!  He will be working on expanding a major cruise line from the US and it will even involve a trip to the UK.  It’s an 8 week project, based out of Miami and London—so we are gearing up for a lot of traveling while Scott is gearing up for a lot of cruising – he swears it’s part of working!  But the project leader has been impressed with Scott’s work so far, and Scott is really enjoying it—2 answered prayers!

 

Below is a picture that shows us at the Botanical Gardens.  Although I’m sure they’re lovely during the rest of the year, as the picture clearly demonstrates, February is probably not the best month to visit the gardens.100_0082 

And as for me, I am learning to manage a house.  I’m used to picking up a phone and calling maintenance for every little thing—even light bulbs that burn out!  Now there are termites, ants, weeds, grass, air filters, plumbing, security system, garage motors, window washing, pruning, garbage, and sprinklers to consider.  Not that I’m complaining, I love, love, love the house - it’s just a little adjusting here and there.  I did hire a very reasonably priced house keeper who comes every other week to do the deep cleaning; and I echo the words of Natalie Hendricks: “I enjoy it so much, it must be sinful!”  Other than that, I had my first shift at Peachford hospital, which is inferior to Sharp in San Diego in every possible way—most notably and drastically in terms of pay.  But I’m only doing 4 shifts a month, so we’ll see how it goes and re-evaluate in a few months.  And lastly, I gave a talk at church—glad to get my turn over with!  It went well, and I could feel the Spirit helping me.  My parents got to come which made it extra special.

100_0084

Check out the Vandy roomies—we are just missing Kelsey!  It took a lot of planning but we finally got the 6 of us together.  Rebecca said “Remember when we just had to walk down the hall to see each other, rather than plan for a month in advance!”  Such great memories, and so fun to catch up at a cute restaurant (Truffles) in Buckhead. 

And that is the quick and dirty.  Scott and I are working hard as ward missionaries, and playing hard with friends from the ward.  These people are social!!!  There are continual calls for girls night out, play dates, game nights, dinner parties, etc.…Usually I’m leading the pack at organizing outings, dinners—now I can barely hang on for the ride.  The whole family actually got nailed with a stomach bug last weekend, and it was kind of nice to hole up, stay in PJs, and watch movies.

Now we are healthy and back at it, enjoying this gorgeous Atlanta spring. 

Love to you all,

TFK

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I love your cheerful posts. I'm glad all is going well with you guys. I think of you everytime I do laundry (thanks for the detergent). Hyrum still talks about jackson. Keep the posts coming.

Jessica said...

Make room for the Cuthbertson fam. We need to get together. I will call you soon. Great post as always. Xoxo

Lindsay Kellum said...

So cute. Can't believe how big the kids are! Did ya'll get a dog?!!

sarah said...

sounds fantastic! so happy for you guys!